What is an Informative Speech?
More often than not you will asked to write an informative speech.
Accordingly, this might require you to come up with informative speech topics funny ideas.
The question to ask yourself before you do so is, “What is an informative speech?”
Concisely, an informative speech can be defined as:
“A speech that seeks to educate the audience on a specific topic or issue.”
Such speeches may take numerous forms, including those instructing the audience on how to carry out a task or action and those describing the conditions of a subject.
The nature of the informative speech to focus on depends on the goal of the speech.
Purpose of an Informative Speech
The purpose of an informative speech is to enlighten the audience about a particular issue or topic that the audience does not know about.
Therefore, informative speech topics funny ideas would focus on areas that the audience is not familiar with, but with a comical twist in them.
Such topic ideas would for example, focus on describing an expedition by an archeologist, demonstrating a new scientific concept, explaining how to use a new technological gadget, or providing information about a person of interest.
For that reason, informative speech topics funny ideas should ensure that the audience understands something better and remembers it later by presenting issues in a hilarious manner.
The objective of the speech in this case is not to persuade the audience towards taking a particular position.
Instead, the goal is to present information in a detailed fashion to enable the audience to make an informed decision.
Types of Informative Speeches
Before you come up with informative speech topics funny ideas, you need to understand the different types of informative speeches.
Ideally, common types of informative speeches include:
1. Explanatory Speech
An explanatory speech describes the state of a given topic.
Such speeches usually employ visualizations to help the audience acquire a visual image of the statistics or data contained in the speech.
These types of speeches are common in industry conferences and their goal is to aid the speaker to educate the audience about a particular aspect of the industry.
The visualizations are used to condense complex information into a package that can be deciphered by the audience with ease.
2. Demonstration Speech
This is another type around which you can generate informative speech topics funny ideas.
A demonstration speech describes how something should be done.
It is also referred to as how-to speech.
These types of speeches could be found in lecture halls or classrooms where teachers demonstrate how to do something, for instance, how head a paper in college.
Note that this type of informative speech relies on visual examples to illustrate to the audience how to move from one step to the next in an activity or exercise.
The visual aids play an important role in helping the audience remember the steps and the speech’s content.
3. Descriptive Speech
A descriptive speech aims to create a vivid picture in the audience’s mind about an object, place, animal, or person.
For example, an explorer who has discovered a new cave in Greenland may use a descriptive speech to explain the nature of the cave to the audience.
Descriptive speeches therefore intend to invoke the imagination of the audience to help understand things they have not experienced in person.
Informative Speech Topics Funny Ideas
Key informative speech topics funny ideas may include the following:
1. Effective sales tactics for products that do not necessary solve customers’ problems.
2. Reasons why indecision is often the better decision to make.
3. Education is sure good for the economy as expensive ignorance is.
4. How riches could be the end of a funky life.
5. If life is the real teacher, are there good reasons to enroll into college?
6. How old you look is skin deep; learn ways to keep your skin wrinkleless.
7. Why you don’t want to waste your time looking for a job that you will soon regret having.
8. Want a pet but maintenance puts you off? Learn close to zero maintenance pets.
9. Ways of using social media to cozy up to your teachers, in a good way.
10. How to offend people in a polite way.
11. Learn how to raise snakes without become an anti-venom lab rat?
12. Funny and effective ways of getting back at your teacher for giving extra homework.
13. Why not have fun along the way, it’s a messed up life anyway.
14. Owning a car is overrated, learn why leasing makes you a king.
15. Cases where you might never find the usefulness of education in life.
16. How to give the best speech that you will want to forget tomorrow morning.
17. Applying brand strategies: Go big or go bigger.
18. Reasons life is a better teacher than your college tutor.
19. Why being the clown at a party will make you enjoy the most.
20. Effects of leadership styles on employee productivity-It is either you get it or forget about it.
21. Reasons why despite classroom learning being boring it will continue for eternity.
22. How to manage sulking from a dog that doesn’t like to bathe.
23. Time to hypnotize the customer-Using psychological tactics in marketing.
24. Methods to cheat in your exams without necessarily cheating.
25. Ways to memorize days that matter to your significant others but not to you.
26. Tired of their bad breath? Learn how to improve your communication skills.
27. How the theory of practice says better about your failures.
28. Psychosocial reasons why men live shorter lives than women.
29. May be you are not the problem, but the method of teaching is.
30. How to get applause instead of ridicule from cheating in a game of poker.
31. Reasons why in future you might be the one taking commands from your computer.
32. Using a dog to positively manipulate your kid’s mind.
33. Why emoticons may be more dominant in future global markets than products.
34. How to make people like you for saying no to them.
35. Is it your teacher or a bot assigning you homework?
36. Being proud of your little failures as a man.
37. Reasons why tech guys are more likely to be divorced than a janitor.
38. How building castles in the air could be good for your mental health.
39. Why in future you are likely to be hugging a robot instead of a colleague at workplace.
40. How to start a price war in order to secure better prices for your pizza.
41. Why current evidence may indicate that human beings are evolving backwards.
42. A guide to a miserably boring but fulfilling life.
43. Why applying your chemistry lessons at home may earn you the title of a store thief.
44. How were it not for disasters businesses would not have turned into profitable ventures.
45. Meaningful principles of this meaningless life.
46. How hilarious some holidays in other countries would be in the US.
47. Reasons why to men women speak gibberish.
48. Why for men to be psychologically stable they have to be married to women 10 years older.
49. How the most annoying relationships could be the source of joy.
50. Incidences where some truths are better left unspoken.
51. Having an awkward moment? Time to build your social capital.
52. Secrets to first dates that we wish we knew before embarrassing ourselves.
53. How to tell a lie without necessarily telling a lie.
54. Why applying for a job was the only reason you never secured one.
55. How filth is the only certain way of creating wealth.
56. Reasons why expectations on opposite gender is the major source of agony.
57. Why information technology is the reason why you are single.
58. How to determine how to relate with a person by their first 10 leaps.
59. Being mediocre and succeeding in life.
60. Reasons why under speeding is more dangerous than over speeding in Moscow.